The DreamBikes Story
DreamBikes is a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization that provides hands-on, paid job training to teens. Working in conjunction with local youth organizations, DreamBikes employs teens from the area to work in the store; teaching them how to refurbish bicycles, use the POS software, and to deliver great customer service. DreamBikes provides lifelong skills to our teen employees, helping them to shift gears and find a bright future.
DreamBikes has been serving communities in Wisconsin since 2008.
Refurbished and returned over 25,000 used bikes to the community.
Provided jobs for over 350 teens, sparking transformational experiences
Our Madison store was the first DreamBikes location and was opened in 2008. In that time, we have been a leader in serving Madison with community outreach events, event bike rentals and excellent customer service.
Our Milwaukee location, opened in 2010, has an impressive showroom with excellent customer service. Through partnerships with Boys & Girls Club of Milwaukee, diverse groups of youth learn skills of the bike industry.
Watch Our Video
Frequently Asked Questions
As a general rule, we do not accept trade-ins – with exception of a few awesome bikes. However, we are always accepting donations!
Absolutely! DreamBikes greatly appreciates any donations and accepts them online or in the store. All donations are tax-deductible!
We accept gently used parts, accessories, bicycles and cash donations. Unfortunately we are unable to accept scooters, skateboards, or rollerblades.
Dream Bikes is proud to say that from the beginning of this pandemic we have taken serious precautions to help with the spread of Covid-19. The following are our store procedures for remaining in your service as safely as possible:
- We have decreased store hours, limited occupancy, and adopted new policies that promote social distancing and help protect you and our team.
- During your visit, you simply tell us what you need and we will help you navigate the store with minimal contact and practice of social distance.
- Service Drop Off Visit: a team member greet you, take down your information and receive your bike. We will call you later with an estimate if necessary.
- Donation Drop Off Visits: We are accepting Donations during business hours. You can either leave the donation outside of our doors or mask up and come on in and we will take the donation from you.
During Your Visit:
Please DO NOT come to the stores if you are sick or you have been in close contact with someone who is sick. Shop our online store or come back and visit us after the risk of virus spread has passed according to CDC guidance.
Upon entering the store:
- Use of face masks is suggested (please bring your own)
- Respect others and maintain 6 feet physical distance at all times
- Follow verbal instructions from shop personnel
Please know that our team members have been given authority to refuse service for non-compliance.
- Hygiene, hand washing, and physical distancing are always encouraged at the stores.
- Team members are required to be mindful of their health before reporting to work and to stay or go home if they are feeling ill or exposed to anyone who is feeling ill.
- Masks are provided for all team members.
- Regular cleaning especially high touch surfaces which are cleaned and disinfected throughout the day and at the end of the day